Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A WonderfulThing is this LibraryThing





Read the best books first,
or you may not have a chance to read them at all
Henry David Thoreau



I can see I may definitely continue adding to my catalog on LibraryThing. A great idea, very easy to use and I can see it could actually be useful to have a link to this from our own library OPAC. Like an extension of your reading history, LibraryThing allows you to peek into other people's lists, and catch up on titles you may not otherwise stumble across. After all, we can't all be cataloguers, and while I certainly appreciate the need for good accurate catalogue information - I also realize to most people (myself included) the rules of cataloguing are, and will always remain, one of Life's great Mysteries. The added joys of simple tagging!

No comments: