Thursday, August 28, 2008

Web crawling the Technorati blogosphere


"Man did not weave the web of life - he is merely a strand in it.

Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself"




I haven't got too adventurous with Technorati yet - there is just so much to weave through. Slowly, slowly at the moment is my motto. Some things I like here, and would probably use the "Popular" button should I venture here by choice. If you were looking for something specific, using Tags or the Blog Directory would certainly give you a more manageable result. It is absolutely mind-boggling what is floating around, and I hesitate to add yet more to this already vast web. If we're being really honest with ourselves, I'm sure we'd all be flattered and delighted to be discovered by the wider blogging community, yet we're also hesitant to open up too much of ourselves. So good on those who have no such qualms, and have joined the Technorati family, but for myself, I think I'll keep slumbering on quietly for a while longer here in the nsl community, honing my skills and gaining more experience.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Thanks Lupi for the flattering comment you left on my Blog. However I think you credit me with too much sense. Like you I have floundered and wallowed at times trying to make sense of some of the excersises we have been set. More than once I have had to set them aside and come back to them the next day in the hope that things would clarify themselves. One good thing, some of the later Excersises are more enjoyable than the earlier ones. It's either that or the fact that we are starting to latch on to what is expected of us. Good luck and Thanks, you won't believe how "chuffed" I was to read your comment.... We all need that little bit of encouragement, me as much as anyone.