Monday, August 4, 2008

Flickring Wolves

Well, this is proving to be a very time consuming exercise. I always knew how much "stuff" was floating around out there, and how easy it is to spend hours longer than you intend exploring it all. Now that we have to venture into this wilderness with a definite "end product" in mind - i.e. Week 2 exercise #4 of Web 2.0, so we can once more be awarded the 'tick of genius' - it becomes even more wild! Whoever set 15 minutes a DAY for this as a guide has obviously been at creating this an awful lot longer than me? It's certainly fun, but when you aren't "hooked up" at home, it becomes a real challenge to take the time whilst at work. Hence I'm already falling behind, but will raise the tail and ensure the paws remain trotting to keep up.

I've found so many lovely images of wolves while trolling through flickr, it's tough deciding which/what/how/IF I'm able to use them. This may have to wait for another day for more extensive ogling - it can be frustratingly addictive because you feel like you're never finished! Currently, I am in awe of someone who has posted a heap of photos of - you guessed it - canis lupus on flickr. So many in fact I can't decide which one I like the best. Many of them were taken at a place called Wolf Park in Battle Ground, Indiana, which is somewhere new to me and yet another place I'm going to have to explore http://www.wolfpark.org/.
I'll save that for another day, and in the meantime you can view some of this photographer's amazing gallery for yourself http://www.flickr.com/photos/tberling/sets/72157603306380824/

I will keep a'huntin' and exploring - while trying to stay focused on the exercise. I'm constantly being reminded how much we now have such "easy" access to. However - I still have a few trusty books I constantly come back to on this subject, so will ponder on how I will share these...

In wildness is the preservation of the world ...

(Henry David Thoreau)

No comments: